Custom URL linked to web designed survey

Jump to solution
05-23-2017 07:54 AM
CarlHolt1
Occasional Contributor III

Having issues figuring out the field name for surveys designed using the web designer. Needing to configure a custom URL for Stream ID, from Collector to Survvery123 but I cannot nail down the field name for the Stream ID field in the web designed survey.

Web Designer

Custom URL:

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=271d31d9710f447a9e4fedc91c2726f4&field:Stream ID={StreamID}

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

The web designer does not directly expose the field name via the Survey123 webpage.  You can discover it by looking at the item details of the feature service in ArcGIS Online - Open the 'Service URL' link for the layer and you'll be presented with the fields (naming will be fieldXX, where XX is a number) and the alias, which is what you see as the question.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CarlHolt1

The Custom URL link opens up this url:

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=271d31d9710f447a9e4fedc91c2726f4&field:Stream ID=10.10

Except Stream ID does not come across

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Carl,

You need to use the question name in the field:<fieldname> part - I would guess that "Stream ID" is the label of the question, as it has a space.

0 Kudos
CarlHolt1

So my question is where on the web designer can I find the field name?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

The web designer does not directly expose the field name via the Survey123 webpage.  You can discover it by looking at the item details of the feature service in ArcGIS Online - Open the 'Service URL' link for the layer and you'll be presented with the fields (naming will be fieldXX, where XX is a number) and the alias, which is what you see as the question.

0 Kudos