templatepicker ordering different than layer - Type?

05-16-2017 08:39 AM
LeeHarding
New Contributor III

Using one layer, defined / imported symbology, created a featurelayer. When editing with templatepicker the icons, labels list differently that expected, not as defined in the layer. The rest endpoint shows "Type" and lists as in the order they are displayed in templatepicker. The problem is this is different than defined in layer, and I have yet to find how to control how rest makes the "Type" and it's order. I have one domain in my egdb for a different item, and use the "template" for editing, etc. with the order as desired.

Thanks in advanced, not finding a fix,

Lee

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Lee,

The template picker does not care how your define the layer in the client code the order of the template picker will follow the REST end point order.

0 Kudos
LeeHarding
New Contributor III

Indeed, how would I manage the REST order with featurelayer? I know I’m missing something…

I have

Drawing Info: - here, nice order, as with REST MapServer Legend, etc. and

Types: - where order is not so nice and is picked up in templatepicker:

deleted link, but can provide explanatory REST endpoint if further interest...Lee

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Lee,

I believe the type order is defined when creating the Feature Class and adding the sub types for the FC. I don't know if you can re-order after the fact.

0 Kudos
LeeHarding
New Contributor III

I think it may have been defined / inherited from a layer file I used to re-define symbology.

That layer had 2 domains, which I may have read somewhere before may cause this.

This one has one domain.

Featurelayer re-creation including re-defining symbology, not using the previous layer file to re-symbolize, seems a way around to try.

Thanks again,

Lee

0 Kudos