Toolbar's not showing completely

05-11-2017 06:24 AM
deleted-user-amp86F9KgPL3
New Contributor III

I just moved to 10.5 and having some crazy crashing going on. The one thing I noticed is that toolbar's and things are rendering weird. Toolbar's not showing completely and other things getting cut off. See attached photos. I am not sure if this is related or separate fires I need to address to get the software stable. Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
16 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-2121?sr=search&searchId=a0edeb16-647d-4fae-a341-ad4ddc5f52b0&sea...‌ might help.

Also ensure that the video card driver is updated. Toggle the screen resolution of the machine to see if the issue persists.

Think Location
New Contributor III

We updated the display adapter and also checked the resolutions settings and it persists with any resolution setting. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

try repairing your installation if resetting your application doesn't work

New Contributor III

I should have mentioned me have completed an complete uninstall and re installation after updating the drivers. There was no change in rendering after the re-installation of ArcMap.  

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

And you check to make sure your machine will support 10.5 on the installation page?  perhaps it is the machine if a repair and profile reset doesn't work

System requirements .... there is a link in the help to do the testing

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

We just purchased new machines with benchmarks well above the ESRI requirements. That half the problem that they are new machines running on a strict IT measures and things are still a little buggy, but this seems to be an isolated issue. 

0 Kudos
AbdullahAnter
Regular Contributor II

What happens if you check on Large Icons ?

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Well all the others seemed to stay normal but that geocoding toolbar just doesn't like anything. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Oh!  Now I get it... that is a windows 10 and 10.5 thing.... yes... no fix offhand, it happened a while ago during one of the windows updates.  I simply switched over to PRO when it bugged me.  You can change the size of the icons and the fonts, but not the dialogs.  I was going to switch over to another graphics driver since I had two, but it wasn't worth the while.  I am surprised more people haven't complained, so I suspect then aren't on Windows 10 and/or 10.5 yet