Toolbar's not showing completely

05-11-2017 06:24 AM
deleted-user-amp86F9KgPL3
New Contributor III

I just moved to 10.5 and having some crazy crashing going on. The one thing I noticed is that toolbar's and things are rendering weird. Toolbar's not showing completely and other things getting cut off. See attached photos. I am not sure if this is related or separate fires I need to address to get the software stable. Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
16 Replies
New Contributor III

It is a pain... i'm running Win 10 and 10.5, but yes this has gotten me to use pro more as well. I cannot stand when something does't work and look right. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Hold up!!! found something.  It was after the last update for me

Then set icons back to original size if you changed them

I haven't checked everything but this is better

Tested on a Surface book with default screen resolution 3000 x 2000

Found out fixing notebook++ which was having the teeny-tinies as well.  Fonts stayed the same but icon scrunchies seem gone.  The figure doesn't do it justice, but if you get the flakies on other applications experiencing this, then give this procedure a shot.

New Contributor III

Interesting.... mine isn't showing that override option...?

0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor

Requires Windows 10 update to the "Creators"  update, i.e. version 1703

Run WinVer.exe at the command prompt, or use Windows + i to open System -> Settings -> About entry will show 1703 if update has occured (1511 or 1607)

New Contributor III

Ahh, yes I am on 1607... ill be on the look out for the 1703

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

you can get it now... it is dribbling out to all machines, but you can update at your convenience

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

With our IT in control of the "Windows Update Red Nuclear Button" I will have to wait on this.

0 Kudos