AnsweredAssumed Answered

Proper Names for Inset Maps?

Question asked by bwebley on May 4, 2017

Are there proper names for inset maps? For instance, if I have a large map it can be considered an "overview" and an inset map is considered a "detail" map. Is there a proper term for a map/inset map that is between an "overview" and a "detail"? Would it just be considered a "mid-range" map or are there proper terms for such a map?