Widget fails to open on startup in mobile layout

Jump to solution
05-02-2017 01:18 PM
FranklinAlexander
Occasional Contributor III

I have my 'About' widget set to open at startup. When in mobile layout, however, it fails to open on startup. I know this because the header controller creates a container in which to place icons when the screen size shrinks to the point that they no longer fit on the header controller. Once the 'About' widget is placed inside the 'more' widgets container, it is no longer located directly on the header controller, which prevents it from opening at startup. At least this is my understanding of what is happening. I am pretty sure I need to modify the Widget.js file in the HeaderController, but any pointers as to what code to look for and how to edit it would be great! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FranklinAlexander

I agree, that sounds like it would be a lot easier, but I don't have that option. There is a lot of information, as well as links, in the widget, and it needs to be dockable in the header controller for easy access by users. The good thing about the panel widget in the head controller is that (when it works), it will dock at the bottom of the screen when the app opens in mobile layout. I can put a smaller logo the head controller and it will work, but unfortunately, the logo is kind of important and needs to be the same no matter the screen size. Actually, I just solved it. The two widgets on the far right are the ones that get grouped together when the screen shrinks, so all I had to do was re-order the widgets so the About widget doesn't get grouped. Duh!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sounds like what you want is the Splash widget instead of the about widget then. It would not have this issue as it is not placed in a controller or placeholder.

0 Kudos
FranklinAlexander

I agree, that sounds like it would be a lot easier, but I don't have that option. There is a lot of information, as well as links, in the widget, and it needs to be dockable in the header controller for easy access by users. The good thing about the panel widget in the head controller is that (when it works), it will dock at the bottom of the screen when the app opens in mobile layout. I can put a smaller logo the head controller and it will work, but unfortunately, the logo is kind of important and needs to be the same no matter the screen size. Actually, I just solved it. The two widgets on the far right are the ones that get grouped together when the screen shrinks, so all I had to do was re-order the widgets so the About widget doesn't get grouped. Duh!

0 Kudos