JavaScript API - Hosting API locally - Errors in Console Mode, but Application Works

Jump to solution
04-24-2017 12:03 PM
IanPeebles
Occasional Contributor III

I have recently installed the JavaScript API version 3.20 and version 4.3 on my server.  All applications are working, but I am still getting warnings and errors in console mode:

Here they are for the 3.20 version:

Getting a deprecation warning.

Here they are for the 4.3 version:

I checked the references for these errors and all folders and files are on the machine.

Applications are working, but how can I get these issue to clear out of console mode (Google Chrome)?  I do not have these issues when referencing the API's through ESRI.

Any ideas?  Anyone else have the same errors?

Thank you!

Ian

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ian,

The 3.20 warning is something to be ignored as this is a standard warning you will get when using the esri JS API.

The first 4.3 error is because you need to add the .woff2 mime type to your web server.

I have not seen the second one before though. Have you done a search for the stars.wsv file in your 4.3 local install?

View solution in original post

8 Replies
EvelynHernandez

Can u simulate in a jsfiddle how is ur code working?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ian,

The 3.20 warning is something to be ignored as this is a standard warning you will get when using the esri JS API.

The first 4.3 error is because you need to add the .woff2 mime type to your web server.

I have not seen the second one before though. Have you done a search for the stars.wsv file in your 4.3 local install?

IanPeebles

Robert, as always, thank you much for your feedback and suggestions.  I will add the mime type to IIS.  Also, I did check the referencing for the .wsv file and it is there.  Here is a screenshot below:

0 Kudos
IanPeebles

file is there, still a resourcing issue.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ian,

I have never attempted to host the 4.x API locally but the .wsv 404 issue could be a mime type issue as well.

0 Kudos
IanPeebles

Robert, you were correct again.  Thank you much for the valuable knowledge.  We added the MIME into IIS and check it out:

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ian,

For the sake of other finding this thread what was the mime type details you entered for .wsv?

IanPeebles

Robert, here you go:

Extension         MIME Type

.wsv                 application/octet-stream