Can I use rest service in web appbuilder

Jump to solution
04-21-2017 01:07 PM
Sai_AnandPeketi1
New Contributor III

Hello everyone,

Is there any possible way to pass rest service instead of web map Id in web appbuilder. I went with the basic example. But i never found any example with the rest service. But I can see rest service are utilize for geometry and GP services. Otherwise any template that based on rest service instead of web map id. 

Thanks for the help.

Thanks,

sai

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sai,

WAB is dependent on the use of a web map from AGOL/Portal. You can add services from a rest url using the AddData widget at runtime or use the custom LocalLayer widget to add layers at design time but the app will still be the requirement to have a web map to start with.

For other templates that don't use web maps you can look here:

https://www.arcgis.com/home/group.html?owner=esri_en&title=Web%20Application%20Templates 

Sai_AnandPeketi1
New Contributor III

Thanks Robert.

But these template also required web map id. Is there any template that consumes rest services?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I am not real familiar with the templates so I can not provide more detail.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Sai,

> Is there any template that consumes rest services?

FYI, all the configurable application templates are based on the premise that you start with a web map. The same for Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS. This is by design so that users would start with a web map, then they can quickly and easily deploy a new web app (for the web map) without having to write code.

Hope this helps,

Sai_AnandPeketi1
New Contributor III

Thanks Derek.

But,my client don't want to use the web map id and It's very difficult when we build the template from scratch.

Its good that without writing any code application was ready. But it need to work from the rest services also otherwise some basic sample template with rest service.

Thanks for help.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus