AnsweredAssumed Answered

AUTO POPULATE FIELD IN ATTRIBUTE TABLE

Question asked by Jeradtamu on Apr 13, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 20, 2017 by ninabean

Is there any way to have fields withing the attribute table "Auto-populate" if there are already other fields containing the data. In example, I fill out my "Pipeline" Table and within the table some of the fields to be attributed are manufacturer, specification, size, wall thickness, mill location, etc. If I have one of the rows already filled out, is there a way to have the other corresponding fields populate to match the row that contains the same information based upon the "heat number" field. Another example would be if I had a row with a pipeline heat number 1234, made by say "steel company", with a specification of "X42", and a wall thickness of ".218", could I have something set up to fill in the other fields for a different column as soon as I enter the same heat number "1234" for another row, since they would have the same specs?

If that is not possible, could I field calculate multiple fields at once, since I can field calculate one field based upon certain criteria. Please let me know if my example lacks information. From my perspective, the question makes sense, but of course that is because I know what I want to achieve, it is often difficult to try and convey and idea in your head, into words.

Outcomes