Font is messed up when printing from ArcGIS Server with ArcGIS JS API

Jump to solution
04-07-2017 07:24 AM
JonCrain
New Contributor II

I'm using the ArcGIS JS API 3.20 print widget to print a map using my ArcGIS Server 10.4.1 print service, and the result looks like this:

It looks like either the font it's trying to use is not on the Server or it's defaulting to a strange font. I'm not setting the font in any way on the javascript side, just using the default printing tools.

Is there a way I can set the default font when using the print widget (Print | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.20) or set this option on the server side for my print service? Other solutions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jon,

When you open the print template mxd from your ArcGIS Server what font is being used? Check your ArcGIS Server C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\Templates\ExportWebMapTemplates

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jon,

When you open the print template mxd from your ArcGIS Server what font is being used? Check your ArcGIS Server C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\Templates\ExportWebMapTemplates

JonCrain
New Contributor II

The default font was Arial, and we have a Linux server, so I had to install the font on the server.  After a restart everything is working as expected, thanks for the help.

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jon,

No Problem. Don't forget to mark this thread as answered by clicking on the "Mark Correct" link on the reply that answered your question.

0 Kudos