Select to view content in your preferred language

Is it possible in Arcgis server 10.5 to restrict users with Publisher roles to access and publish to specific folders only ?

04-02-2017 04:40 AM
ArwaShaqour
Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

We are trying to restrict users with publisher roles to publish services in their folders such that no user has an editable access to others folder??

I attached Screen Shots that explain the issue.

I would appreciate if anyone can help me ?

best, 

Arwa

3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

When a role has its role type set to Administrator or Publisher, members of that role will have implicit permission to access all services hosted on an ArcGIS Server site. This implicit permission cannot be overridden by changing the permissions on a service or folder.

Editing permissions in Manager—ArcGIS Server Administration (Windows) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Think Location
ArwaShaqour
Occasional Contributor

I read about publisher and user roles , I didn't find permissions between publishers.

thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos
ScottTansley3
Occasional Contributor

When you're working in an ArcGIS Server and using 'Server Token Security' the level of control is minimal.  You can use it or not, you can publish or not, you can admin or not.  There is no way to control publishing from one folder to another. i.e. if someone has publish rights, they can publish anywhere.

When you're working with ArcGIS Enterprise and using Portal security, then you have more control when publishing Hosted Feature Layers.  However, it still doesn't work with the more traditional type map services associated with a traditional ArcGIS Server, like this.  

0 Kudos