AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to perfectly align shapes to a street network on a basemap?

Question asked by EthanMarcom on Mar 23, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 1, 2018 by billfox

Hello,

I'm working on creating my city in CityEngine using GIS data to be as accurate as possible. I have all the lots in the city that represent individual properties and land that looks like this:

As you can see, my shapes are missing the streets. What I have done is create a basemap and use OSM to create a street network shown here:

Which works just fine on it's own. However when I try to drag the lot shapes onto the basemap, I am always slightly off center, meaning I can't orient it perfectly.

For reference, this misalignment is what i'm referring to. Of course I can attempt to correct it but it will always mess up one other side of the city. This is as close to perfect as I can seem to get.

What is a better way to properly align the street network and the shapes? The trial-and-error method cannot get me close enough. Does anyone have any better ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Bonus question:

What is the easiest way to fix these crisscrosses in the roads you see in the last picture and here:

I have them in quite a lot of places and the "Cleanup Graph" tool doesn't help much.

Outcomes