AnsweredAssumed Answered

Survey123 Error: Global id based relationship requires support for applyEdits with GlobalIds

Question asked by dllamasgmtgis-esridist Employee on Mar 23, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 14, 2017 by dbecker88

Hello,

I am trying to migrate my survey from AGOL to be hosted in Portal/Data Store. I do the next steps to host my survey on Portal/Data Store

1. we follow these help Use Survey123 with ArcGIS Server—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS  

2. Then after creating service on server we follow these steps Use Survey123 with Portal for ArcGIS—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

And in this step we are getting this error "Global id based relationship requires support for applyEdits with GlobalIds"

Further test and research indicated that the issue is specific to relationship class which ArcGIS Online creates for configuring repeats with the data. When the data is being downloaded from ArcGIS Online. The relationship created by default is between "Primary Key : Global Id" and "Foreign key : parent Global ID" 

As per the documentation:

"If using ArcGIS Server 10.3.1, repeats cannot work with related layers or tables unless the relationship uses a GUID field for the relationship in the parent layer. Although not a requirement in later versions of ArcGIS Server, best practice would be to use a GUID field for the relationship in the parent layer. "

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/survey123witharcgisserver.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_147B3E0089E7446290615D3F1D139231

I have tried different relationship classes for e.g. based on "Global id" vs "GUID , "GUID" vs "GUID".

It has never worked for me. As well as, The behaviour with data downloaded from ArcGIS Online, as per my understanding is perfectly acceptable "The Custom feature service (Submission url) is not compatible with this survey (Global id based relationship requires support for applyEdits with GlobalIds)." as the global iD are not editing enabled.

Does anyone has any idea about this? Am I doing something wrong if I want to host my survey in portal/Datastore?

Thanks for your help.

Diego Llamas

Outcomes