Can I give rounded corners to a data frame in Pro 1.4?

Jump to solution
03-22-2017 09:56 AM
JacksonTrappett
Occasional Contributor II

In ArcMap we could round the corners on objects in the layout view.  I see that this is (sort of) possible to do in Pro, but is it possible to do with the Map Frame?

In addition, the rounding on the corners of my "border" object seems to be a bit buggy.  The top left, right and bottom right corners all round correctly, but the bottom left corner stays squared.

This map below was imported from an ArcMap project.  I also tried making a new project and ran into the same issue.

Anyone have some tips on these?Image showing rounded corners not working correctly on Map Frame and Border objects.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CurtisDeVault
Occasional Contributor

This has been fixed with version 2.1!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
CurtisDeVault
Occasional Contributor

This has been fixed with version 2.1!

VincentLaunstorfer
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I am looking at how to make the Round Edges Effect, in Format Map Frame, aforementioned but I cannot find how in ArcGIS Pro 2.1. Am I missing something ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
JacksonTrappett
Occasional Contributor II

In the Contents choose the Map Frame and then right click, properties.  Then the element properties panel will open up and on the third tab "Display" there are options for rounding under border, background and shadow.

If you choose the border option like in your screenshot, it takes you to different options for the border, which is a bit confusing, but the options you want are under the "Map Frame" pull-down rather than the "Border" pull-down.

0 Kudos