I got a feature point layer running on a arcgis server 10.2 on Windows, I have added this layer to arcgis.com map and got the ID and put it into a Geoform schema hosted on the same machine as the arcgis server.
The geoform works flawless, and new points can be seen in my arcgis.com map.
After the geoform is filled out by the user only two fields are filled out (witch is the point) and then my python script would parse various .xml files from the web to fill out rest of the fields.
I made two different versions, one that would get the OBJECTID as input the run the script on that row, and one version that would look for the first empty row, and fill in the xml stuff.
But I cant figure out how to do any of the above, I did try to upload the script as a geoprosessing service, but no luck there either.
I tried to setup a scheduled task and pointed the python script to the local folder on the server (C:\arcgisserver\directories\arcgissystem\arcgisinput\obsPoint\obsPoint.MapServer\extracted\v101) but it seems to be locked by the server, and if I copy that database to my local computer the newly created points are missing.
Hope that someone can point me in the right direction!