AnsweredAssumed Answered

Use a created hyperlink to images related to objects within an attribute table in ArcMap

Question asked by haohuang on Mar 7, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 7, 2017 by Dan_Patterson

I'm using the textbook "Getting to know ArcGIS" to learn ArcGIS. I am working on the first exercise of the Chapter 15: Use a created hyperlink to images related to objects within an attribute table.

I can get this working fine using absolute paths however I'm getting problems when I try and use relative paths. When I try and open a hyperlink from a relative path I get a message saying:

Unable to open "E:\EsriPress\GTKArcGIS\Chapter15\Data\cabbagetown1.jpg" Please make sure the path is correct and the document exists.

My images are contained within a folder called "Images" and this folder is in the same folder as the mxd.

I've been using this website to ensure I have the correct relative path for my images. I've tried different ways of pathing to my images, but I keep getting the same error.

I've tried putting the relative path in the hyperlink base option of map document properties and in the attribute and neither is working.

Also I have store relative pathnames to data sources ticked on. Although I'm not sure if this makes a difference if I'm not moving the mxd.

Does anyone know why I am getting this error and how to solve it?

Outcomes