How can I find older Javascript API documentation?

Jump to solution
03-06-2017 12:45 PM
BrentHoskisson
Occasional Contributor III

My Javascript API website works great up until version 3.14 and then 3.15 and on it stops loading the layers.  The layers come from ArcGIS Rest services.  Can anyone direct me to the changes for 3.15?  Or does anyone remember what new constraints were added in this version?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor
4 Replies
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

The documentation used to be available as part of a downloadable SDK ZIP file for previous versions of the Javascript API. This also included samples which was terribly useful because ESRI has a habit of removing useful samples as the API has evolved.

Anyways, I now see from my browser bookmark that the previous API versions is no longer found on the ESRI downloads page. Maybe it got shuffled around but perhaps pinging an ESRI JS developer such as odoe‌ or khutchins-esristaff‌ might have a better answer.

The Dev Conference is just about to start so they might be too busy with that at the moment.

0 Kudos
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor

Older versions of the API and Doc are available by selecting the desired version in the dropdown: SDK Downloads | ArcGIS for Developers 

SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

So it was moved. Thanks for linking the new location.

Unfortunate that you now have to an account just to access it. This used to be located on the main ESRI product download page. Typing "javascript api download" in the ESRI.com search bar doesn't link you to this location on the developers website, either.