App link callback to Collector

Jump to solution
03-01-2017 09:24 AM
BenNadler
Esri Contributor

I need help implementing the callback function from survey123 to Collector (step 3)

1. User selects app link in Collector feature popup
  2. Survey123 launches with correct survey
  3. When user completes survey, survey123 returns to Collector      

The url scheme I have in Collector is:

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=###&field:ASSETID={GLOBALID}&callback=arcgis-collector://

The app link workflow works great up to step 3. When the survey is complete, Survey123 returns to the survey instead of Collector.

What did I miss?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

The completion/submittal of a survey currently does not trigger a callback action in Survey123.  You can return to collector by using the back button in Android or the "back to Collector" heading that appears in the upper left in iOS.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
JamesTedrick

The completion/submittal of a survey currently does not trigger a callback action in Survey123.  You can return to collector by using the back button in Android or the "back to Collector" heading that appears in the upper left in iOS.

BenNadler
Esri Contributor

per this doc it looks like some apps support callback. 

Is this on the product roadmap? More specifically, is this a function waiting for Survey123 or Collector enhancement? 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Ben,

We have logged callback support (and supporting actions after submission in general) as an enhancement, though we don't have any particular timeline for it.  It is a Survey123 enhancement - the app needs to be able to process the callback request.

0 Kudos
BenNadler
Esri Contributor

Hi James. Is there any update on this enhancement? Does Survey123 now support Callback?

JamesCajka
New Contributor

Hi James - I too would like to know if there is a timetable for implementing the callback function within Survey 123.  We have a project that will collect 200,000 points annually so any efficiencies will be a big help.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi James,

We do not have a timetable for implementing callbacks at this time.

0 Kudos
BenSmith6
New Contributor III

Is there still no timeline for this?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Ben,

We have made some progress toward implementing this, but do not yet have a planned release timeline.

0 Kudos
Morin
by
New Contributor II

When will callback be implemented for Field Maps?

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/reference/integratewithotherapps.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_BB1D69DBE8334...

I tried using:
arcgis-survey123://?itemID=<myid>&field:globalid={GlobalID}&callback=arcgis-fieldmaps://?itemID=<myid>

After pressing "Send Now" in Survey 123 the user is sent back to Field Maps. BUT the data is not actually posted. If you open the Survey 123 app "manually" THEN the record is posted. Is this a bug or is it just not implemented yet? Do i need to file a ticket somewhere?