AnsweredAssumed Answered

Feature service not executing DB triggers

Question asked by pinghanling on Feb 7, 2017
Latest reply on May 23, 2017 by pinghanling

Hi,

I'm working on ArcGIS 10.4.2 in Windows.

I have published a feature service to our ArcGIS Server and then added the service to our Portal from a feature class that has Editor Tracking and attachments enabled. In the database I created a sequence called TreeNumber, which I increment with a trigger on the table (feature class) after insert. It is seperate from the ObjectID.

If I add a feature in ArcMap, everything is fine - the attachment works and the TreeNumber is assigned and saved.

If I add a feature using JSON, talking directly to the REST endpoint, TreeNumber is assigned and saved. (I haven't worked out how  to add an attachment through the REST endpoint.)

If I add a feature in a Webmap, the attachment works but the TreeNumber is NULL after saving.

If I add a feature in a WebApp (built in WebApp Builder), the attachment works in IE but not in Chrome or Firefox. In all of them the TreeNumber remains NULL.

The Portal uses https and a web adaptor and is on the same server as the ArcGIS server.

The data is in a SQL Server 2012 Enterprise Geodatabase on a server separate from the ArcGIS server.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

Hanlie

Outcomes