AnsweredAssumed Answered

Print error: failed to create layer from service at https://xxx

Question asked by simo on Feb 3, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 18, 2018 by simo

Hello Everyone,

A little background: I am trying to print a web map made in the ArcGIS portal, but it always fails. when check the log in the ArcGIS Server, I get the above error message.

Further investigation shows that only one particular layer is causing the problem------ if I turn this particular layer off, the printing function works .

About this layer, it is

a point feature service

not secured, and shared with everyone in my organization, authentication method is IWA

published from a federated server

I tried to print from the map viewer in Portal for ArcGIS and also in web appbuilder, both has the same issue. Please see the attached screenshot for the error message in the ArcGIS server log.

Any suggestions for the cause are highly appreciated.

Update:

It has something to do with token --- although my service is shared with everyone in our organization.

I execute the print service in the ArcGIS Rest Service Directory, and changed the Web Map as JSON string to attache a token to the layer, it works.

{
"id": "AssetIQ_XXX836",
"title": "AssetIQ_XXX836",
"opacity": 1,
"minScale": 0,
"maxScale": 0,
"layerDefinition": {
"drawingInfo": {
"renderer": {
"type": "simple",
"label": "",
"description": "",
"symbol": {
"color": [133,
255],
"size": 4,
"angle": 0,
"xoffset": 0,
"yoffset": 0,
"type": "esriSMS",
"style": "esriSMSCircle",
"outline": {
"color": [0,
255],
"width": 1,
"type": "esriSLS",
"style": "esriSLSSolid"
}
}
}
}
},
"token": "nPdB4nuw5kJv3hznsxVberjUjbZb-4ewrwqtJB42JCZu-71XpzKNalpuJvz-UpnIto5hPgNpzAuooh6gZe2-clSgvW9l6y1SUqhQIfbauok1ud4uOsNyqv3Wb3gdm_-caAQrY3X8utQkUIwLHbG2Bg..",
"url": "https://xxxxxxxx.gxx.xxu/arcgis/rest/services/AssetIQ_Redesign/AssetIQ_2017_Labels/FeatureServer/0"
}

It looks like the account running the print geoprocessing service can't be authenticated using the IWA to access this shared layer, but this is I am guessing.

HELP HELP....

Attachments

Outcomes