Select to view content in your preferred language

Can't access Cascade Story Map

Jump to solution
02-03-2017 08:13 PM
PatrickPeterson
Deactivated User

I created a Cascade Story Map two months ago and bookmarked it, but now can't access it. I receive the notice:  

"You are not authorized to access this story"

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Patrick,

I'm very sorry you aren't able to find your story. I did a quick check and that story does still exist, but it's not shared so I can't determine what account it is under. If you have an organizational subscription account I would recommend that you contact one of your administrators and ask them to look up your story by searching for the item id:

625d562122ee4ffc8900fcc1cdbd5ffd

If you have a free public account then Esri Support may be able to help you recover your story.

Incidentally, I have a fondness for Taughannock Falls SP since I spent my college days in Ithaca, NY and used to go there and to Treman SP to relax and do homework! 

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Patrick,

Are you logged into the organizational account you used originally to access this map? Have you tried logging out and logging in again just to check? Can you see your map in your "My Content" in ArcGIS Online?

0 Kudos
PatrickPeterson
Deactivated User

I can't see it in my maps. I did call and I had 2 accounts but it did not show up in either. It seems like it is going to open with the flashing squares pattern and it doesn't. I did purchase a new computer but I still had the link as a bookmark.

I tried to copy the address and use a different browser and that didn't work. I am wondering if it is a Cascade problem as it is in Beta. I also don't understand the relationship between StoryMap Cascade and ARCGeis?

Thanks so much for your response.

GeoNet

Re: Can't access Cascade Story Map

reply from Adrian Welsh in Story Maps - View the full discussion

Patrick,

Are you logged into the organizational account you used originally to access this map? Have you tried logging out and logging in again just to check? Can you see your map in your "My Content" in ArcGIS Online?

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on GeoNet

Start a new discussion in Story Maps by email or at GeoNet

Following Re: Can't access Cascade Story Map in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by GeoNet because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from GeoNet, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Went through the 'new computer' thing this week... some of your bookmarks will be useless and relinking to one of my esri accounts was also needed... obviously some registry thingy going on.  If you have your 'old' computer, check there to make sure things are fine, if they are, it is the new thing.

OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Patrick,

I'm sorry you're having trouble accessing the story map you've created. Can you please paste the bookmarked URL of the story here so we can help you troubleshoot this?

>>> I also don't understand the relationship between StoryMap Cascade  and ARCGeis?

Cascade is a configurable app that is available in ArcGIS that helps you create stories to communicate your work using maps, images, and videos.

Owen

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
PatrickPeterson
Deactivated User

I have reviewed many design apps and found Cascade to be the best. I am

informally working with Taughannock Falls State Park and the New York State

Archives on establishing prototypes for crowdsourcing stories using

historical resources and Instagram. I can recreate this story but it

will take hours. Also, if I end modeling the use of StoryMap I need to

know glitches and common human errors. Fortunately or unfortunately I

worked as a Teacher Center Director implementing new technology and am

pretty sure I can fgure things out.

This Park is Your Park

https://www.arcgis.com/home/signin.html?returnUrl=http%3A//www.arcgis.com/apps/Cascade/index.html%3Fappid%3D625d562122ee4ffc8900fcc1cdbd5ffd

Thank for your assistance.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Patrick,

I'm very sorry you aren't able to find your story. I did a quick check and that story does still exist, but it's not shared so I can't determine what account it is under. If you have an organizational subscription account I would recommend that you contact one of your administrators and ask them to look up your story by searching for the item id:

625d562122ee4ffc8900fcc1cdbd5ffd

If you have a free public account then Esri Support may be able to help you recover your story.

Incidentally, I have a fondness for Taughannock Falls SP since I spent my college days in Ithaca, NY and used to go there and to Treman SP to relax and do homework! 

Owen

Owen Evans