Select to view content in your preferred language

Skip a Number in Tour Story Map

Jump to solution
01-27-2017 07:53 AM
MeleKoneya
Frequent Contributor

I am working on a story map for our Fire Department.

We have 15 Stations,  with numbers from 1-16, skipping the number 12 which is reserved for future expansion.

How can I skip the number 12 and have my tour numbers reflect the station number 1-11, 13-16?    I have tried to put in a 'fake' location for 12,  but the tour stops on this point and shows a missing image.

Thanks,

Mele

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Esri Alum

Hi Mele

It's not possible to do that.

You can add a place into a tour and, via the Organize dialog in the Story Map Tour Builder, hide it so it doesn't appear in your tour until it is ready, but it doesn't skip it: it just doesn't appear and the places in your tour are still in sequence: that number will be assigned to the next place in your tour.

If you want your future place to reserve that number I would just add it as a  fake place like you mentioned: somewhere on the map or at the same location as another fire station, and make a question mark graphic for it and say that this place isn't chosen yet in the caption. It's not elegant but we do see it done now and then for various reasons.

Rupert

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RupertEssinger
Esri Alum

Hi Mele

It's not possible to do that.

You can add a place into a tour and, via the Organize dialog in the Story Map Tour Builder, hide it so it doesn't appear in your tour until it is ready, but it doesn't skip it: it just doesn't appear and the places in your tour are still in sequence: that number will be assigned to the next place in your tour.

If you want your future place to reserve that number I would just add it as a  fake place like you mentioned: somewhere on the map or at the same location as another fire station, and make a question mark graphic for it and say that this place isn't chosen yet in the caption. It's not elegant but we do see it done now and then for various reasons.

Rupert

0 Kudos