Why is Query for apps by username and portalUrl failing?

01-26-2017 12:18 PM
RichardHughes2
Occasional Contributor III

When WAB opens and I sign in, my app cards are not visible anymore.  The request to the database with my username and portalUrl is not returning any entries.  However, I can still access the apps with the url followed by the app id.  How can I repair the backend database so that it will return my apps in the WAB content page.  

Has anyone else experienced this and began working with the backend db of Web App Builder to repair?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Richard,

Are you talking AGOL WAB or WAB Dev Edition?

0 Kudos
RichardHughes2
Occasional Contributor III

WAB Dev Edition v2.2.  I've begun setting up v2.3 but will need to recreate the apps because I was not able to download the apps from the builder since the cards did not appear.  I did zip the folder for each app, but am unable to import it into the new builder which is something I would like to figure out as well. 

It looks to me like the builder app is using mongodb.  Have you tried connecting to the database and inspecting it for issues?  When the builder app loads, it runs a query against the database using the user_name and portalUrl.  The query is returning an empty list.  When I look at the apps file there are multiple apps shown, some even duplicate apps but with different last_updated values.  

When the app cards disappear what can we do to get them back?, then why did they disappear?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Richard,

It is actually TingoDB and editing it manually is very problematic. You can likely recover your apps by following this method:

1. Close WAB
  2. Go to the [install dir]\server\db and delete the apps file.
  3. Make a copy of all the folders inside the [install dir]\server\apps folder.
  4. Delete all the folders in the [install dir]\server\apps folder.
  5. Start WAB
  6. Add a new app and set the name and description to the same as one of your apps you are trying to recover.
  7. Do not worry about configuring anything about the app except the name and desc.
  8. Now in the [install dir]\server\apps folder find the new apps folder based on the apps id.
  9. Overwrite the apps\[app #] folder with the old equivalent app from the backup.
  10. Repeat this process for other apps.