Problem when deploying a customized app on my own server

01-25-2017 02:28 AM
LauraBertran
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have followed this post to develop a custom Story Map Crowdsource application.

Everything works well but now I want to deploy it for production but I saw that I couldn’t upload my custom code and that I have to deploy it on a server and link it from ArcGis Online. Then I decided to put it on an internal server of the company, but it doesn’t work at all and I don’t know why. The internal server works under IIS.

So when I compiled the application with grunt I tried to put the “build” folder in “inetpub/wwwroot” but the index.html doesn’t find the “src/app” folder files. Then I tried to put all the project in “inetpub/wwwroot” but IIS doesn’t recognize it as a valid directory.

I wanted to know how can I deploy my custom code on an internal IIS server or apache because I couldn't find anything on the forum.

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Laura, the "build" folder is just a folder that hold temporary files used in development and does not contain the source code. In order to build your app, you can run "grunt test" which will build your app then run a simple test server so you can test your app before uploading it to your server. If everything appears normal, upload the contents of the "dist" (distributable) folder to your web server. 

0 Kudos