Publishing Survey gets hung up

12-21-2016 08:53 AM
CarlHolt1
Occasional Contributor III

Trying to republish a survey, no data to get overwritten , but it gets hung up when trying to delete a service item.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Can you try manually deleting the form item, feature layer and folder by logging into ArcGIS Online's website and going to 'My Content'?  You should then be able to republish.

0 Kudos
CarlHolt1

Deleted form item and feature layer, but it still get's hung up

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Can you try to also delete the .iteminfo file in the survey directory? If that does not work, can I ask you to do an attempt while enabling logging (you can enable logging from the settings button on the gallery page; go to the 'Diagnostics' tab).

0 Kudos
CarlHolt1

Can you please remind me where the survey directory is?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

The easiest way to access is to click on the 'folder' button while the survey is being displayed in Survey123Connect.

CarlHolt1

That worked, but I still had to delete the folder on AGOL that contained web maps.

0 Kudos
randeegreenwald
New Contributor

I deleted these items and now I no longer have a survey. Luckily I created a copy before doing the deleting. But I still cannot publish my survey!

0 Kudos
CarlHolt1

Is the reason the publishing gets hung up because the feature layer has a view of the feature layer, via a stakeholder layer? and/or the feature layer is being used by an AGOL map?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Carl,

That should not be an issue, Survey123 Connect can publish over an existing survey that has views. If you're still having problems, it might make sense to open an issue with Esri Technical Support so this behavior can be debugged.