Crowdsource storymap does not recognize its web map's additional layer(s) scale dependencies

12-19-2016 12:55 PM
WadeKloos
New Contributor II

Using a WMTS layer with scale dependencies (set to show only at building scale) yet the storymap shows the layer at full extend.  Ideas?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

Do you have a public webmap and crowdsource app that you can share? I just tested a WMTS layer in a Crowdsource app I made and everything worked as expected.

0 Kudos
WadeKloos
New Contributor II

Unfortunately, my WMTS has use limitations and I cannot share the url although the public use of the service is permitted (Hi Res Imagery).  I will test with other layers.  Thanks for testing on my behalf.

Wade

0 Kudos
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

Does the scale dependencies work in the ArcGIS Online map viewer? Can you also test it in the Basic Viewer template?

0 Kudos
WadeKloos
New Contributor II

The scale dependency works fine in the web map created by the story map app.  However, when I made another app - the basic viewer, the scale dependency does not work - behaved like the crowdsource story map - shows the WMTS at full extent.

0 Kudos
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

I suspect this may be an bug in the JavaScript API in general and not specific to the Crowdsource app. I recommend submitting a issue with Esri's technical support

0 Kudos
WadeKloos
New Contributor II

I agree - thanks for the help Stephen.

0 Kudos