Let me explain what I want to do. Then - I hope - I can get some guidance on whether this is possible using Web AppBuilder.
Here's my current code situation. I'm hoping to integrate web app builder into it so that much of what I've already written won't be needed anymore. That will streamline application maintenance at upgrade time.
1. This will be on a private network with no access to the esri website.
2. Currently, users can choose a base map or add a layer from any Esri arcgis webserver they can reach on the network.
3. They can also add WMS layers from non-Esri gis webservers.
4. The users can get a list of these basemaps or layers to choose from.
5. They can re-order the layers and alter the transparency or visibility.
6. They can print the map.
7. They can export the data from feature layers that are on the map without being limited to the number of records the underlying services are limited to serve in one call.
I tried using the iframe to display a portal map. It displayed just fine but I could not find a reliable, maintainable way to send instructions to the map from the parent page. My users use IE and apparently there's some "extra special" feature that blocks access from the parent.
So, what should be my path going forward?
Is there a way to use the iframe that (a) works and (b) isn't very fragile code?