Request with large content size, print map failed with ERROR 000735: Web Map as JSON: Value is required

09-09-2016 03:22 AM
cycheng
New Contributor II

I encounter an error that when I tries to print my map using the general print service, Utilities/PrintingTools/GPServer/Export Web Map Task. Everything is working as expected when I attempt to print a map with a few layers, but when I tries to print every single layer at once, an error "ERROR 000735: Web Map as JSON: Value is required Value is empty" was returned by the service. The error doesn't seems to be related to various "timeout" issue as the response from the server were immediately returned right after I send the request. 

I've checked the actual request and the web map as json field is properly filled, and I have check that i could print every layer individually, or with a few other layers. The only thing that comes to mind is the size of the request, with content length 15032970.

does anyone have any clue what might be the cause? some sort of server request size limit?

1. Request URL:
    2. Request Method:
      200 OK
    4. Remote Address:
      xxxxxxxxx:6080
  1. Response Headersview source
    1. Access-Control-Allow-Origin:
    2. Cache-Control:
      max-age=0,must-revalidate
    3. Content-Type:
      text/html;charset=utf-8
    4. Date:
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    5. Server:
    6. Transfer-Encoding:
      chunked
    7. X-Frame-Options:
      SAMEORIGIN
    8. X-XSS-Protection:
      1; mode=block
  2. Request Headersview source
    1. Accept:
      */*
    2. Accept-Encoding:
      gzip, deflate
    3. Accept-Language:
      xxxxxxxxxxxx
    4. Connection:
      keep-alive
    5. Content-Length:
    6. Content-Type:
      application/x-www-form-urlencoded
    7. Host:
      xxxxxxxxxx
    8. Origin:
    9. Referer:
    10. User-Agent:
      Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/52.0.2743.116 Safari/537.36
0 Kudos
3 Replies
FlorianCADOZ
Occasional Contributor

Hi cy cheng !

I've got the same problem but nothing on the all Internet about that ! Did you solve this issue ?

Thx

0 Kudos
cycheng
New Contributor II

I actually kinda did, I found the cause literally yesterday but I am still looking for solutions.

turns out in my case it's due to huge HTTP POST content size. map server has its max post limit i think it's default to 10Mb, it discarded my webmapasjson input when i tried to post it, so the API return error.

I change maxPostSize to 0 to disable limitation for post size in C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\framework\runtime\tomcat\conf\server.xml. But now I am getting different error  "Internal Server Error. Error handling service request : Cannot write the request to the server:" and I am still looking into it. Feel free to comeback and share if you find anything in the future.

0 Kudos
PanagiotisPapadopoulos
Esri Regular Contributor

Did you try to use ESRI's proxy page?

0 Kudos