AnsweredAssumed Answered

Geoprocessing service with floating point raster input fails without error

Question asked by isburns on Aug 10, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 15, 2016 by isburns

After publishing a Python tool as geoprocessing service, the execution of the GP service from ArcMap fails without an error message. After additional troubleshooting, I narrowed the problem down to using a floating point raster as input to the GP service. I then published the result from the Hillshade tool as-is from ArcToolbox to see if the behavior was the same, and indeed it was; Hillshade as a geoprocessing service works when the input is an integer raster but fails without any error messages when the input is a floating point raster (see attached- the successful result used an integer raster and the failed result used a floating point raster). Note that when setting up the service I have set the Message Level to Info instead of None, so that doesn't explain the lack of an error message. I've tried multiple raster formats including File GDB, GRID, TIFF, and img rasters. I'm running ArcMap 10.4.1 and publishing to ArcGIS Server 10.4.

Is this a bug, or are floating point rasters not supported as input to geoprocessing services? If they are not supported, where is this documented? From what I could find, ArcGIS 10.0 documentation does not specify the raster types that are supported (see here) and neither does the 10.4 documentation (see here).

Thanks

Shea

Attachments

Outcomes