Select to view content in your preferred language

Using a WAB widget on a non WAB site

08-05-2016 03:00 PM
NaciDilekli
Frequent Contributor

Hello, I am tasked with updating an existing ArcGIS web application, and I am interested in utilizing some of the WAB widgets (in particular Google Street View by Robert Scheitlin, GISP). Is it possible to easily migrate them? How would that be done? Can I for example migrate a widget to be used on a blank ArcGIS web application with a base map? It would be great if someone could show me how to put a widget into a something like this:

<html>
  <head>
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://js.arcgis.com/3.17/esri/css/esri.css">
  <script src="https://js.arcgis.com/3.17/"></script>
  <script>
  var map;
  require(["esri/map", "dojo/domReady!"], function(Map) {
  map = new Map("map", {
  basemap : "topo"
  });
  });
  </script>
  </head>
  <body class="claro">
  <div id="map"></div>
  </body>
</html>

By the way I certainly plan to use the WAB in the future.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NaciDilekli
Frequent Contributor

Thank you Rickey, Rebecca. I have actually been using CMV application actually, but I still can't figure that how to bring its modules into non CMV applications. I guess I will keep studying WAB, CMV and the API in general to see the best strategy for my purposes.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

if you are trying to avoid web AppBuilder and all the templates available thru ArcGIS Online, you can always check out all the sample code and info for Web APIs | ArcGIS for Developers   I'm not sure if Google/street map is available since I have not used them.  going this route can keep a web page a bit smaller, but you may loose all the advantages of all the custom widgets being released.  But I understand the need for both.  I haven't tried out the GitHub link mentioned above.

If you do decide to go the WAB developer edition route, take a look at the Web AppBuilder Developer Edition - Customization Resource List  for a news, tips and a list of many of the custom widgets that are released,