ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.0 : How to draw extent ?

08-05-2016 07:57 AM
VasylynaMykhalchuk
New Contributor II

I want to create selection query to Feature Layer with property 'geometry' with value of extent, which was created by user from drawing on map.

It's a good example that shows what I want to get as result : Feature layer with selection | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.17, but I develop my app with API 4.0.
Rene Rubalcava, do you know, whether drawing will be available for users and developers that use ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.0 and when? Also I need to implement interaction with map by context menu and mouse hover over the map. This options unavailable with API 4.0 too. So, where are benefits of using  the newest API 4.0? Maybe ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.17 is still the best what I can use in those cases?
I'm looking forward for answers from anywhere.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ReneRubalcava
Frequent Contributor

I don't have a timeframe for drawing capabilities in the API. Drawing and editing go hand in hand, along with some other technical pieces that need to be worked out.

The Functionality Matrix is still the best resource to determine if 4.0 meets your current needs. When it comes to editing capabilities, 3.x is still the recommended option.

RichardMoussopo
Occasional Contributor III

Drawings will be available with 4.1 release which is coming up the 4th quarter of 2016 I believe. You may consider using 3.x instead for now.

VasylynaMykhalchuk
New Contributor II

Thanks a lot for answering!

0 Kudos