Layer's data source is not registered with the server.....?

08-04-2016 11:51 AM
MarkHotz
Occasional Contributor II

Using ArcGIS 4.1, and ArcGIS for Server 4.1, I'm trying to publish one of our historical orthophotos as a map service, and in the off-hours I will be caching this to use in our web application.  I go through all of the exact steps that I followed when I published our current orthophoto 2 weeks ago.  I have also registered the folders where my data is stored in ArcGIS Server Manager -- Site -- Data Store.  Folder permissions were set weeks ago when we first implemented ArcGIS for Server. Am I supposed to perhaps set ArcGIS for Server permissions on the folder as well?  Not sure how to do that though.

The problem I'm having is when I analyze my map service prior to publishing I get the inevitable: "Layer's data source is not registered with the server...." High Severity warning.  However, when I right-click to "Register Data Source With Server", and I use a UNC path, I get the warning: "Folder is already registered with the server....", and when I use the standard Windows path, I get the warning/error: Machine: "....The data item is inaccessible".  I have also tried publishing the image through ArcCatalog....same results.

I don't understand this because 2 weeks ago I managed to publish and cache our main orthophoto using the exact same steps I'm using now with no error messages or Analyzer warnings.  Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong here?  Surely I must be missing at least one crucial step?!

Thanks

0 Kudos
0 Replies