crowdsource feature layer in arcgis desktop

Jump to solution
08-04-2016 05:54 AM
ThomasEbert
Occasional Contributor

Hello!

I would like to add a crowdsource feature layer in ArcMap, but there is an error.

It isn't possible too, to open such a layer (e.g. NPSMemories of ESRI Crowdource storymap) in ArcGIS.com Map

Have some of you these problems too?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

DORIS,

I believe this is due to a bug we are aware of that is present in the current beta version of Crowdsource. The bug is related to how the feature service is created.

We are looking into this and should have a fix for it in the next release in September.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

5 Replies
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Hey Doris,

you can go to the webmap that is used in your story map. Click on "Show Item Details" ( see screenshot).

crowd.png

Then under Layers click on "Export to" and choose which format you would like to have the data.

Hope this helps!

TIm

0 Kudos
ThomasEbert
Occasional Contributor

Thank you TIm for your Idea, but I don't want to export the data of this layer I would like to use it as a featureService (live-link) in ArcMap; therefore the actuality should be ensured , if someone upload new photos in the storymap.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

DORIS,

I believe this is due to a bug we are aware of that is present in the current beta version of Crowdsource. The bug is related to how the feature service is created.

We are looking into this and should have a fix for it in the next release in September.

Owen

Owen Evans
ThomasEbert
Occasional Contributor

Ok, thank you Owen!

That calms me - September is coming soon ;-). Is there a specific date for the next release?

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

It will be in mid-Sept.

Owen Evans