Success with Javascript App running on Azure?

Jump to solution
07-14-2016 06:52 AM
ChuckBenton
Occasional Contributor

Has anyone implemented an ESRI solution that uses a Javascript App running on Azure?  I've been able to get the Server side setup without any issues, but am running into multiple issues on the App side.  It appears I may be the first to go down this path, please chime in if I am wrong!

Specifically, I'm implementing the Tax Parcel Viewer (Tax Parcel Viewer | ArcGIS for Local Government ) solution.  I;lvd already done this on AWS, but for business reasons am now moving everything to Azure.  All Azure documentation seems to point to using a node.js based approach, which is not how the solution is implemented.  I believe most of my issues are related to improper configuration of the Azure VM (a Windows Server 2012 R2 machine, similar to how I did it in AWS).  Has anyone set up an AZURE VM to support Javascript, and if so are there any resources I might be pointed to?

Chuck

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChuckBenton
Occasional Contributor

I was able to resolve this by setting up an App Service (as opposed to a Virtual Machine) and then FTP'ing the JavaScript over to it.  A rather simple affair when all is done, but with all the search results pointing to node.js, or Visual Studio, the possibility pif this simple approach was lost.  Hopefully this will save someone else these frustrations in the future!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChuckBenton
Occasional Contributor

I was able to resolve this by setting up an App Service (as opposed to a Virtual Machine) and then FTP'ing the JavaScript over to it.  A rather simple affair when all is done, but with all the search results pointing to node.js, or Visual Studio, the possibility pif this simple approach was lost.  Hopefully this will save someone else these frustrations in the future!

0 Kudos