Customizing Crowdsource Story Map with ArcGIS Online Assistant

Jump to solution
07-12-2016 10:12 PM
MariahTso
New Contributor

I'm working on a crowdsource story map and have been using arcgis online assistant to access the json file for additional customization (based on this blog). What I have managed to do so far is add some additional fields, however I haven't been able to add some additional title areas and explanation text. Also is it possible to add a checklist or dropdown menu via this method? Or is that level of customization only possible by downloading the code? I am not sure the organization I am working with has their own web server, so I am currently trying to avoid that second option.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

In the beta version of the Crowdsource app we have only had time to add a simple, preset form. In a future release we will add a form editor that will allow you to add additional fields and different types of data. At this point, you cannot just edit the JSON from the AGO Assistant. You will need to download and customize that app code itself. There are some extensive changes that need to happen including changing the feature service definition, creating new form elements and data validations, and changing how the selected post is displayed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

In the beta version of the Crowdsource app we have only had time to add a simple, preset form. In a future release we will add a form editor that will allow you to add additional fields and different types of data. At this point, you cannot just edit the JSON from the AGO Assistant. You will need to download and customize that app code itself. There are some extensive changes that need to happen including changing the feature service definition, creating new form elements and data validations, and changing how the selected post is displayed.

0 Kudos
MariahTso
New Contributor

Thank you for the clarification!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
PeteVitt
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Steven - do you have a rough time frame for when the form editor will be included in the app?

Thanks

Pete Vitt

0 Kudos
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Pete, we do not have a time frame when the form editor will come out but it will be the second half of this year at the earliest. If you have an immediate need for custom fields, you can download and customize the app: https://developerscorner.storymaps.arcgis.com/custom-forms-in-the-story-map-crowdsource-beta-79af201.... If you do not have a developer, I would recommend looking at our Crowdsource Reporter app: Crowdsource Reporter | ArcGIS for Local Government

0 Kudos
PeteVitt
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Stephen – the CrowdSource Reporter looks like something that would work well

0 Kudos