Select to view content in your preferred language

Storymap Cascade Map Pop-up Issue

Jump to solution
01-30-2017 12:39 AM
ElsaVogts
Deactivated User

Hi there,

When I publish my Storymap in public mode (http://arcg.is/2hAXKNh ), the first map does not show its layers and relevant pop-up, however all the rest of the maps in the story appear perfectly? In private mode, it shows fine when I preview it. I used the same action to incorporate the maps, but this first one appears to bug out - any ideas why?

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Elsa,

Sorry you are having an issue with your Cascade story. It looks like you have a KML layer in that map that is not shared publicly. Can you try sharing that and then checking again?

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Elsa,

Sorry you are having an issue with your Cascade story. It looks like you have a KML layer in that map that is not shared publicly. Can you try sharing that and then checking again?

Owen

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
ElsaVogts
Deactivated User

Thanks Owen, problem solved!

I had another question however - when I share the Storymap link after sharing it publicly, it prompts the user to log in or create an account to view the Storymap? Is there a reason for this, or is it a setting I can change? Not ideal to have everyone who wants to view my Storymap to have to create an account...
Thanks,
Elsa
0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Elsa,

Hmm, I just accessed your entire story using the link you provided in your original message without being asked to log in or create an account. When you share a story and all its components publicly others do not need to have/create an account to see it.

Can you provide a little more detail about the situation you are seeing? 

Owen

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
ElsaVogts
Deactivated User

Hi Owen,

Strange...that bug seems to have fixed itself! Thanks for the help!

Elsa