Is Attribute Assistant compatible with 10.4.1?

Jump to solution
07-01-2016 03:59 AM
Labels (1)
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

Whilst trawling the GIS SE site I became aware of something called Attribute Assistant, an add-in that had some clever attribute assisting functionality. I have downloaded it and installed it, believed I had created a sensible rule then ran it. It bombs out Arcmap with object not set. So thinking I had not done something correctly I reviewed what I did, still thought it was OK but then tried to turn off/on the add-in using the button on the tool bar. Button goes red and shows this error:

Capture.PNG

This immediately makes me think that this add-in is not compatible with 10.4.1 and would explain why I could not run the generate ID rule. I am using Windows 8.1. Can someone from ESRI confirm this? Are there any intentions of making this 10.4.1 compatible?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Couple other thoughts.

Do you have the dynamic value table in the map?

Can you remove the add in and through the add in manager, point to a folder that add in is in, this is an alternate way to install add ins, restart arcmap after removing the add in.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

View solution in original post

11 Replies
BlakeTerhune
MVP Regular Contributor

I noticed Michael Miller​ posted about Attribute Assistant in Utilities and Communications​ so I'll tag here to spread the tentacles.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Yes it is compatible, I would log a tech support case, they can help you out.

0 Kudos
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

Michael, I have logged a call with UK ESRI through the University as suggested.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Couple other thoughts.

Do you have the dynamic value table in the map?

Can you remove the add in and through the add in manager, point to a folder that add in is in, this is an alternate way to install add ins, restart arcmap after removing the add in.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

Ahh! unbelievable, that was the problem, I did not have the DynamicValue table in the map. With that loaded the toggle on/off button did not throw an error and the ID column was updated.

The development team behind the Attribute Assistant need to tweak the code and capture that scenario rather than some generic object not set error. I hope they read this.

Thanks for solving it, seems to be a nifty addin.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

It should handle the table not present in the map.  Did you happen to have the dynamic value table in your TOC, but a red exclamation mark next to it?

0 Kudos
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

Michael,

I don't know. I have just tested it with and without the table and it's not throwing the error! It's behaving as one would expect, i.e. if table is not in TOC then red button does nothing and it does not throw an error. Maybe I had a disconnected standalone table, I can't say but that may have been a good reason for throwing the object not set message?

Anyway seems to be working and I'll double check next time if table is loaded and without the exclamation mark, thank you for your help.

Duncan

0 Kudos
MichaelHamrick2
New Contributor II

that is exactly what is happening to me. i have generate id and dynamicvalue  in TOC, but still have red exclamation point.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

If the table has a red exclamation mark, that means the data source is invalid. You need to fix that.

0 Kudos