Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGISImageServiceLayer return participating raster IDs?

Jump to solution
06-30-2016 12:23 PM
LaythGrangaard
Deactivated User

I have a large mosaic dataset with time-based raster with lots of overlap.  My application allows users to specify lots of options and then I use a mosaic rule to shuffle the imagery and produce a mosaic.based on the user's query.

Because of the amount of imagery and how I use the entire stack of historic dates to "fill in the mosaic" I do not know from the user's options which rasters are participating in the mosaic.

So my question is, is there any way to know which rasters were used to generate a given mosaic in a ArcGISImageServiceLayer?  I need just the ones visible, not all the others that weren't used because they were at the bottom of the stack.

Thanks!

Layth

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FC_Basson
MVP Regular Contributor

When performing an ImageServiceIdentifyTask (ImageServiceIdentifyTask | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.17 ), you can define the ImageServiceIdentifyParameters (ImageServiceIdentifyParameters | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.17 ) where you can set the mosaicRule (ImageServiceIdentifyParameters | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.17  and MosaicRule | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.17 )  and use the METHOD_LOCKRASTER method to list the participating raster IDs.  The first one from the resulting list should be the one you are looking for.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
FC_Basson
MVP Regular Contributor

When performing an ImageServiceIdentifyTask (ImageServiceIdentifyTask | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.17 ), you can define the ImageServiceIdentifyParameters (ImageServiceIdentifyParameters | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.17 ) where you can set the mosaicRule (ImageServiceIdentifyParameters | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.17  and MosaicRule | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.17 )  and use the METHOD_LOCKRASTER method to list the participating raster IDs.  The first one from the resulting list should be the one you are looking for.