Cascade: One scroll bar

06-29-2016 05:44 PM
NorthSouthGIS
Occasional Contributor II

I noticed that the scroll bar is still in my browser for the story, but there is also a "Scroll bar" of sorts at the top, like a blue loading bar. It feels redundant. I would like all scroll bars to be removed, especially within a text blurb on an immersive page.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for your feedback.

You are right, the blue scrollbar a global progress indicator just like your browser main scrollbar on Window. But on Safari on Mac the behavior isn't exactly the same and the browser scrollbar isn't displayed except when you scroll. This is our thinking to keep both visible. We think the top scrollbar is a nice style touch and it's better to make sure all platform sees it. But thanks, this will certainly make us think more!

About scrollbar that can appear in Immersive panel, we don't like that either and recommend to keep your panel short so that they use only a few sentence and will not require scrollbar. A technique for that is to duplicate the view and split your content over multiple panel, you can see that in action in the following "How To story" https://nation.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Cascade/index.html?appid=7a0c165e7b404073b686f95ef98d6241 . We know that's not always possible so we will look into this.

0 Kudos
NorthSouthGIS
Occasional Contributor II

Greg, thanks for this feedback. I have definitely split my content to remove the scrollbar, but I hope this will change in the future.

0 Kudos