Select to view content in your preferred language

Cascade: Remove Autopoulated tags, misaligning credits, and consolidate bookmarks

06-29-2016 05:41 PM
NorthSouthGIS
Frequent Contributor

I don't want to automatically tag my items with "Story Maps" or "Cascade" since I have a distinct tagging scheme for my organization. Please remove the automatic tags. Also, I want a section upon creation to put my own metadata in.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
GregoryL_Azou
Deactivated User

Thanks for your feedback.

We will consider your suggestion about removing the default tag but as it's mandatory to have some tag to save the story and this is not a primary concern for most user the first time they save the story, I am not sure there is much we can do in the near future.

Have you seen the credits section that you can add at the end of your story through a single click? Does that match your need?

0 Kudos
NorthSouthGIS
Frequent Contributor

I use tags to organize my content section and so the credit section does not match my needs for personal organization. In the credits though, I noticed that the center line is off in my samsung galaxy note, and the top line is shifted left, while the second line remains in the center. Does this make sense?

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi,

I checked the mobile layout for the credits section (on an iPhone) -- is this what you mean? The left column in credits seems to have different alignments for each entry. Please confirm or let me know if you are seeing another issue. Thanks!

IMG_0786.PNG

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
NorthSouthGIS
Frequent Contributor

The white line in the center was shifted

Screenshot (July 6, 2016 12-38 PM).png

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Ah, ok -- looks like that's because you have an email address, which can't be wrapped. We'll look into whether there can be an alternate treatment that might look better.

Thanks,

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
NorthSouthGIS
Frequent Contributor

thanks

0 Kudos
NorthSouthGIS
Frequent Contributor

Might I also suggest that the "bookmarks" be all included in the menu icon if even one or two of them have to be? See the screenshot above again for details.

0 Kudos