Using parameterized network attributes with Navteq data

12-06-2010 09:58 AM
RobertLindquist
New Contributor
I have built a statewide network from Navteq streets and need to use parametrized attributes to route oversize vehicles.  The problem is:  often a Navteq feature is very long.  There may be several overpasses on a single roadway feature.  I need to split the Navteq feature in order to assign a height parameter for each overpass.  When I do this and then create the network dataset, I am unable to route across any segment that has been split ... no route is found.  Prior to splitting the Navteq features, routes are successfully found.  I am using the "Street Data Processing Tools" for Navteq data, toolbox in ArcGIS 10 to create the network dataset.

When I split the Navteq features, I retain the same LINKID (I have duplicate LINKIDs).  Not sure if this is an issue or not.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RobertLindquist
New Contributor
Alan:
Thanks for your reply.  I agree with all that you said, and in fact we were confident that we did not need to worry about multiple obstructions along a long Navteq link because, as you mentioned, there is no way to leave the segment and the most restrictive overpass would suffice as a height restriction.

The problem is:  sometimes an oversize vehicle has as its' destination, a structure midway along a long segment i.e. bridge reconstruction of the third of five bridges; perhaps a crane needs to travel to the site for construction work ... it is not going all the way to the next exit point.  So, we are looking for a way to get the OSOW vehicle to the site.  Without splitting the segment, we will not be able to do so.  I do agree that if we split, we need to account for all other Navteq attributes.
Bob
0 Kudos