Changing ocean color in Vector Style Editor?

Jump to solution
06-21-2016 09:55 AM
TimLohnes
New Contributor II

I'm using the VectorTile Style Simple Editor to change the Light Gray Canvas per the instructions here, How to Customize Esri Vector Basemaps | ArcGIS Blog .

All is well and good except I can't change the ocean layer. I changed the background, but that is behind the ocean.

These are the first two layers.

{

"type": "background",

"paint": {

"background-color": "#ecffff"

},

"id": "background"

},

{

"layout": {},

"type": "fill",

"source": "esri",

"id": "Land",

"minzoom": 0,

"source-layer": "Land",

"fill-color": "#ededed"

}

},

I checked this thinking I could add Marine something or other, https://ago-item-storage.s3-external-1.amazonaws.com/f0b44a7e86b84109920e23e1e09d38a8/EsriVectorBase...

Any ideas on how to change the ocean color?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ReneRubalcava
Frequent Contributor

If you use ctrl+f in the editor part of the window you'll get the find tools for the Ace editor used in that app. Ignore the other search one, I should remove that.

The order of the layers is the order they are drawn, so be mindful of that.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

I haven't messed with this stuff but have you seen this blog post which lays out the draw order within Vector Basemaps? The graphic in that post should help understand the draw order.

0 Kudos
TimLohnes
New Contributor II

Hmmm, just kept scrolling down and found Marine area down by boundaries. I moved it up to a more logical place like Land and still works fine in editor.

This file seems to indicate that it should be up there. https://ago-item-storage.s3-external-1.amazonaws.com/f0b44a7e86b84109920e23e1e09d38a8/EsriVectorBase...

{

"layout": {},

"type": "fill",

"source": "esri",

"id": "Marine area/1",

"minzoom": 0,

"source-layer": "Marine area",

"fill-color": "#ecffff"

}

},

0 Kudos
ReneRubalcava
Frequent Contributor

If you use ctrl+f in the editor part of the window you'll get the find tools for the Ace editor used in that app. Ignore the other search one, I should remove that.

The order of the layers is the order they are drawn, so be mindful of that.

TimLohnes
New Contributor II

Thanks for the search tip, Rene..

I didn't look for it down low there since I often think of ocean as a background type layer.

Also, the EsriVectorBasemaps_ReferenceDoc.pdf shows it just above background.

All good now. I love the editor. Search and replace would make it killer for wholesale changes. Just copying to text editor now, but then you don't get the instant update.

0 Kudos