AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can image services be configured to update automatically whenever the data source is updated?

Question asked by jondandois on Jun 8, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 25, 2016 by spanchal

I am working on a workflow for updating the data source for an dynamic image service every ~ 1/2 hour and am trying to figure out if it is possible to have the service automatically recognize the change without manually or via scripting restarting the service.  Basically, roughly every 1/2 hour - hour  the data source for the service (a single raster) is overwritten with a new version with the same name, extents, etc. I have tried configuring the service with the source as either a stand alone single raster or as part of a mosaic dataset in an FGDB, but the service only reflects the update if I manually go in and restart the service. I have seen the option for recycling the service, but it says that is only possible every hour.  I heard something at a conference about services automatically updating when the data source is updated, but I haven't found any documentation for that.  I am running 10.3 with the Image Extension.

Outcomes