Can image services be configured to update automatically whenever the data source is updated?

06-08-2016 10:46 AM
JonathanDandois1
New Contributor

I am working on a workflow for updating the data source for an dynamic image service every ~ 1/2 hour and am trying to figure out if it is possible to have the service automatically recognize the change without manually or via scripting restarting the service.  Basically, roughly every 1/2 hour - hour  the data source for the service (a single raster) is overwritten with a new version with the same name, extents, etc. I have tried configuring the service with the source as either a stand alone single raster or as part of a mosaic dataset in an FGDB, but the service only reflects the update if I manually go in and restart the service. I have seen the option for recycling the service, but it says that is only possible every hour.  I heard something at a conference about services automatically updating when the data source is updated, but I haven't found any documentation for that.  I am running 10.3 with the Image Extension.

3 Replies
SusmitaDuncan
New Contributor II

I have a similar workflow required to show an image layer in a 10.4.1 Portal map. The image refreshes every 30 seconds.

0 Kudos
RehanChaudhary
Occasional Contributor

@SusmitaDuncan do you have a workflow related to this? Could you share it and tell a bit about it? i am interested as i am looking to implement something like this

0 Kudos
RehanChaudhary
Occasional Contributor

@JonathanDandois1 were you able to find a solution to this? i am also trying to implement something similar

0 Kudos