Help with code: 400 Publishing Error - "folder title not available"

Jump to solution
06-05-2016 09:09 AM
OscarSepulveda_III
Occasional Contributor

I continually receive the following error message when trying to publish my survey from Survey123ConnectBeta v.1.4.30

Publishing Error  code: 400 ["Folder title 'Survey-Daily_Vehicle_Checkout' not available."

I looked over my xlsform and the survey and choices tabs follow all defined parameters.  The survey works in Survey123ConnectBeta, yet will not publish.  I looked over the GeoNet and it appears that code: 400 is a "catch all" for issues.

I have attached the excel spreadsheet as well.

Any help would be most appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi.

try the following:

1. In ArcGIS.com, login and go to 'My Contents'
  2. Look for the 'Survey-Daily_Vehicle_Checkout' folder and delete it
  3. In Connect, select the Survey Daily Vehicle Checkout so you  can preview it
  4. Click on the yellow button (looks like a folder) to open your Survey's directory in a File Explorer
  5. Next delete the Daily_Vehicle_Checkout.iteminfo file
  6. Back in Connect, try Publishing again

It looks like you may have deleted manually the Form and Feature Service from ArcGIS.com and left Connect and ArcGIS.com out of sync. Let me know if the above works for you.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi.

try the following:

1. In ArcGIS.com, login and go to 'My Contents'
  2. Look for the 'Survey-Daily_Vehicle_Checkout' folder and delete it
  3. In Connect, select the Survey Daily Vehicle Checkout so you  can preview it
  4. Click on the yellow button (looks like a folder) to open your Survey's directory in a File Explorer
  5. Next delete the Daily_Vehicle_Checkout.iteminfo file
  6. Back in Connect, try Publishing again

It looks like you may have deleted manually the Form and Feature Service from ArcGIS.com and left Connect and ArcGIS.com out of sync. Let me know if the above works for you.

OscarSepulveda_III
Occasional Contributor

You were correct!  Thank you Ismael !

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks for confirming.

Now you  know!   We will try to put some time into making the publishing process account better for this.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Oscar, since Ismael's step fixed your issue, please click on the "correct answer" on that comment to close out this thread. Thanks.

0 Kudos
MahdiWehbi1
New Contributor

Dears, 

I have a similar error but it couldn't be solved by the above suggested solution. 

Thank you,

Regards

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mahdi,

While some parts of the error are similar, this publishing attempt failed at a different stage.  Can you provide the XLS file used to make the survey?

0 Kudos
LeemTow_Shen
New Contributor

Same issue here.

Attached is the xls form used to create the survey

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

The first note has an extremely long name; the maximum field name length in ArcGIS Online is 128 characters.

0 Kudos
AideenCroasdell
New Contributor

Hi,

I have the same error and I tried the same steps above but my survey still failed to publish?

error400survey123connect

Not sure what to do next, I created the survey twice and I still get the same error?

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks,

Aideen

0 Kudos