Portal, Collector and Relationship Tables Issue

06-02-2016 11:24 PM
DavidFotheringham1
Occasional Contributor

I'm working with ArcGIS Portal and attempting to set up relationship tables to create subforms in Collector as per this article...Related Tables – Exploring New Ways to use Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS Blog

I've managed to get everything loaded and even added one entry to the sub table. When I try and add a second I get this error message when trying to finalise the input "The operation couldn't be completed. Database error has occurred.". My relationship class includes one to many so I'm confused why this doesn't work.

Am I missing something, or a setting?

Or, is this because Portal, rather than ArcGIS Online, doesn't fully support this feature. If so when will it be available as it would be incredibly useful

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi David-

Have you had any success in resolving this issue?  If you are still having problems, please post an update to let us know, we can discuss some troubleshooting ideas.

There is no restriction with Portal for ArcGIS. 

-Doug

0 Kudos
DavidFotheringham1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Doug

I was able to get it to work on a simplified version of the data collection. I think linking the relationship table via ObjectID was probably a mistake. When linking it to something else it worked of in the simple version. I'll try adding in domains again and see if it works still

Thanks

0 Kudos
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi David-

Yes, if you are looking for a unique primary key for your relationship I'd suggest adding and using a GlobalID field to your featureclass as opposed to the ObjectID.

-Doug

DavidFotheringham1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Doug

This now works but I'm having an issue downloading for offline collection in the Collector App. I get an error saying it cannot replicate. Any ideas?

I have tested by adding to a map that definitely worked for download previously but get the same issue

Any ideas?

0 Kudos