AttributeInspector custom field layout or custom HTML form for editing attributes

05-18-2016 10:48 AM
BatesRambow
New Contributor III

I am currently using the AttributeInspector widget for editing the attributes of a feature service, but I am not thrilled with the layout of the fields.  From what I can tell with the AttributeInspector, all fields display in a single column and there is no way to rearrange them.  If there is a way to control the layout of the AttributeInspector, please let me know.

attrInspector.PNG

I'd like a nicer looking edit form, where I have control over the size of the field input element and can place two or more fields next to each other horizontally on a row.  Something more like:

betterform.PNG

I would probably use Bootstrap to design a form, but I'm not sure how to bind the form inputs to the fields of the feature service.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
YueWu1
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Bates,

You can try to checkout this github repository to get some good start about how to configurable ArcGIS JavaScript application with Bootstrap: https://github.com/tomwayson/responsive-citizens

And there is also a video presentation about Bootstrap: Taking Your Mapping UI and UX to the Next Level | Esri Video

Hope this can help.

BatesRambow
New Contributor III

Thank you!  I was using the Attribute editing - mobile sample and trying to modify for Bootstrap, which is exactly what the github repo you linked does.  That should definitely move me down the right path.

0 Kudos