Define Jobs Spatially in Js viewer

05-05-2016 09:25 AM
helenchu
Occasional Contributor II

This question is for WM javascript viewer

I've successfully configured my WM in js viewer.  I still use esri's services for basemap.

In "Create New Job" I do not see option to "Define Jobs Spatially" like in desktop. 

What do I need to do to make this happen ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TopeBello
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Helen,

Unfortunately, that capability isn’t available on the JS Viewer.

Thanks,

Tope

helenchu

Thanks Tope,  I wonder what those buttons "multiPoint, Plygon, Rectangle, Lasso" for ?  Could you please give me an sample use case for them ?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
TopeBello
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I may have been hasty with my initial response. Those buttons allow you to draw on a map (define spatially) where the job will be taking place. You can use a point or multi points, you can draw a polygon or you can have a freehand (aka. Lasso). My initial response was referring to the ability to define your AOI before creating the job and also by selecting an existing feature class.

So to answer your initial question, you can define the area of interest of a job after creating it on using the JavaScript viewer included with workflow manager. The Workflow Manager web API allows you to develop your own custom widget to define the AOI as part of the job creation process as seen in the desktop.

Thanks,

Tope

helenchu

Thank you Tope!

0 Kudos