AnsweredAssumed Answered

What are all possible values for singleLineFieldName property while configuring search widget source for custom geocode locator?

Question asked by bforbhavin on Apr 25, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 25, 2016 by bforbhavin

Go to Search | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript  and search for singleLineFieldName. Where can I find more details about this field? As per the documentation, it looks like that the value assigned to singleLineFieldName can be different. e.g. SingleLine and SingleLineFieldName. However, I see 'Single Line Input' with my geocode service url. What are all possible values for singleLineFieldName property while configuring search widget source for custom geocode locator?

I want to make sure that I am specifying correct value for singleLineFieldName for Search widget source. I do not have control on published geocode services as my customers can configure any geocode service and hook it into my application.

Probably, one way is to query geocode service and find out what is configured with Single Line Address field. But wondering if there is any better way to configure this property.

Outcomes