Creating image services from 16bit signed integer TIFF - colors problem

04-13-2016 05:42 AM
Labels (1)
KarolinaKorzeniowska
Occasional Contributor

I created image servicesfrom my 16bit signed integer TIFF satellite images. When I uploaded my images services to my web app I saw that the colors of my images changes, e.g. bare ground is green (should be brown) and glaciers are blue (should be white). Does anyone know what could happen during generating the images services and how to solve this issue? I have two satellite images from which I generated two image services and this problem occurs only in one image service.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LeeButler
New Contributor III

This could be because your raster has a default band combination that is different from how you want the raster to appear.  When you publish an image service I believe the service is published with this default display.  If this is the case, you can create your own raster function template and publish the service to use this as the default dispaly template.

To create a raster function template open your imagery in ArcMap and set the band combination you want the imagery to use in the symbology tab of the layer properties.  In the same tab, at the top right there is a save icon.  Click this to save the band combination as a raster function template.

Now publish your image service.  On the Service editor Window, select the Function tab under Parameters.  Where it says manage raster functions click the Manage button.  Add your raster function template file to the list and set it to the deafult on the drop down list at the bottom of the manage raster function templates window.

Select the rest of the settings you require for your image service as normal and publish your service.  Hopefully now when you view your image service it will display using the raster function template you created in ArcMap.

CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Karolina

What version of arcmap and server are you using?  Do you have the image extension, to allow you to publish a single image service from a mosaic dataset (with the mosaic dataset referencing two or more satellite images)?  That is the method I would recommend - the mosaic dataset provides a great deal of control over how images are displayed, and it can be scaled up to reference literally millions of images in a single image service.

re: web app, are you using the default ArcGIS Online web map, or some other app? 

Last, if you are allowed to share your image service endpoints with us, we can explore the configuration to give you better advice.

Cody B.

0 Kudos
KarolinaKorzeniowska
Occasional Contributor

Dear Cody,

I am using ArcGIS 10.3 and a simple SwipeMap link. I do not have image extension. Because I also have some problems with the server I decided (I hope only temporarily) to load my rasters by publishing hosted tile layers. By doing this I do not have problem with the colors of my rasters.

0 Kudos