Issues with basemap command

04-06-2016 10:24 AM
BELHADJMOHAMED
New Contributor

Issues with basemap command: when I click on basemap from  Add data button  it pops up for one second and then disappears. Pease help. I use ArcGIS 10.3.1 Windows 10. Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Belhadj,

Just to be clear, are you trying to load a basemap by dropping down the arrow next to Add Data and selecting Add Basemap...?

Can you click on the Add Basemap option? I have Windows 10 and running 10.3.1 and I am not having any issues.

0 Kudos
BELHADJMOHAMED
New Contributor

Hi Andrian,

Thanks for your response. Yes that's just what I do: go to Add Data  button and click on  Add Basemap... , the window Add Basemap pops up for just one second and disappear !!! That is my problem

Thanks

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Is it possible that the winder is on another screen (if you have two monitors) or maybe it's behind ArcMap? It's rather odd that it would disappear so quick.

0 Kudos
BELHADJMOHAMED
New Contributor

Here is a short video I made to visualize this kind of strange issue.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Wow, that is weird. Has this happened before? Is this a fresh install of ArcGIS? Tell me about the history of this.  (and thanks for sharing the video, that is helpful to see).

0 Kudos
BELHADJMOHAMED
New Contributor

This  version  is 10.3.1 as I mentionned  above: that basemap pane never works for me. and I have an other laptop with with windows 7 and ArcGIS 10.2.2 the same issues happens !!! so I try adding data from ArcGIS online it works fine indeed everything works as I expect except for basemap

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Wow, that is even more interesting that two separate machines with different OS's and GIS versions behave the same way. Where are you located? I would doubt this has anything to do with it but there has to be some common thread here.

Maybe try upgrading to 10.4? I don't know if that will help but maybe it couldn't hurt?

0 Kudos